What have i done to my self????

I just caught a glimpse of my self in the mirror, It scarred me, I have let my self go by far too much! I used to be 150lbs Im 5'5! With my first i gainged 36lbs and lost half, them got preg with my 2 gainged 15lbs lost all that, but AFTER iv gainged about 30 extra lbs, im pushing 200 and i look a feel horrible! I look old, Im only 22 almost 23! I used to be sexy! This just made me very very depressed! I feel so damn ugly. Any one know some things that i can do to help loose weight that affordable? Ill do anything! Just help!!

DeeMarie87

Asked by DeeMarie87 at 9:16 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I know this is not going to help you but your young you can do this. Start with portion control. IT does not cost a lot of money to eat right. Start with the basics and go from there. A little exercise won't hurt you either. I used this program body for life. I got the book at walmart it cost me 20 bucks easy to follow if you need help and inspirational they have great before and after pictures inside the cover.
    If you want to pm me I will be happy to talk to you more. The first step is what you have already done--next step start moving and eating right.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• First thing, stop drinking pop (soda) and fruit juices. Just drink water. If you need some flavor make iced tea and don't add sugar. That alone will cut huge amounts of calories. And over time you will get used to it. Plus all that water will make you feel so much better. Also try to start adding fruits, like even an apple and banana a day instead of a snack of junk food. Those are the 2 most inexpensive fruits and great for you. If you fry things, try baking, which is next to impossible in the summer, but winter isn't that far off LOL And add salads. Salads can be filled with everything. I use spinach because a head of lettuce has no nutritional value. You can add a cut up apple, mandarin oranges, strawberries grapes to them. Plus cheese. I also add shredded almonds, pricey but worth it to me. And if you cook extra chicken for example you can throw that on a sald the next day or 2. Pasta is okay only if you plan on....
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:25 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I was 210 lbs and have lost about 70 lbs buy not doing any dieting. I also never exercised. I eat what I want but i cut my portions in half. And I know that if I eat a hamburger then for the rest of the day Im going to ease off on the eating. I dont eat really bad stuff but I also dont ignore my cravings. It has definatley become a lifestyle. I weigh 140 lbs now but I still want to lose 25 more. I need to start exercising now because its becoming harder and harder to lose weight. .
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 9:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• ...exercising, otherwise it turns into sugar. Try to cut out a lot of bread if you love that. Eat only a couple pieces a day. I personally eat cereal as a snack. Low fat cereal of course, like cheeries, chex....not the sugary kinds. And I don't add sugar to them at all. I also don't add butter to breads or toast. Cutting out little things like that add up!! I don't even use skim milk, I have whole. It's a healthy "fat and calories". I hope I helped give you ideas of what to do as far as eating. Then start walking even a half hour once a day, then up it to twice a day. Push a stroller if you have little ones and that's added calorie burning right there!!! Good luck!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I know what you mean, before I got pregnant with DS, I weighed 135 and now I weigh 175. I gained 40 pounds when I was pregnant, lost some right after having my son and then gained it all back.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• One of the biggest things that I have done is to stop soda (pop), I eat yogart for breakfast and I use Stevia as a sweetner. I also don't eat anything after dinner unless it's popcorn. I drink mainly water. But I've always liked water. This helped me take 26 lbs off. Eating smaller amounts help too. Just stay positive with what ever you do and you'll loose those lbs. you want to loose.
    Red54

Answer by Red54 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I know how you feel I gained again and even more after giving birth to number 2. I now am doing daily walks with both in stroller. It was really hard at first both with kids and just getting out to go. When I walk I mentally feel better and will not eat all those trigger foods becasue I know that it will cancel out the hard work I just did. I also walk first thing in the morning. I live in Florida and it gets pretty hot. If you walk first before breakfast you burn more calories. Also try eating an apple for snacks. Gives you energy during the day to keep going! Try it !!!! I know you can do it and you will feel so good! I like going on adeventure walks. I just go... if I get lost its ok you walk twice as far and dont even know that you've done it!!!!
    EmandMike

Answer by EmandMike at 9:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I can feel your pain right now because I'm going thru the same thing. Before I had my daughter 5 years ago, my weight would fluctuate between 190 and 200 pounds, but I was fine because I'm tall, (5'8 1/2) and I only had a small pooch. I gained a few pounds before I got pregnant, but I got all the way to 270 pounds and have yet to lose the extra pounds. I buy fresh fruits and veggies and I know which foods are healthy, but I'm a stress eater and it's hard to stop engaging in bad habits. I heard that if you eat an apple before each meal that it will help you to lose weight because of the fiber content and it actually makes you feel full longer. I would give up white bread because it's nothing but empty calories. There's a bread that I've been eating called Nature's Pride Oatmeal and I think that you might like it and it's made without trans fat and high-fructose corn syrup. I wish you the best of luck.
    browneyes27

Answer by browneyes27 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• cut calories & weight lifting. i dont do cardio & have dropped my bodyfat from 34% n Nov to 15% today.. lost about 50 lbs. had my 3rd kid Nov & gained a whopping 80 lbs as usual. I give myself 9 months to lose the weight this time it took 6!
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 4:37 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat and dairy

Answer by rkoloms at 9:48 AM on Jul. 5, 2010