What do you take when camping with a toddler, for entertainment?

We are going on a camping trip with my whole family tomorrow, and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for keeping my 15 month DS entertained while everyone is fishing and grilling and what not.

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I always bring toys for my kids when we go places and 9 times out of 10 they are more than satisfied with playing in dirt and with rocks and sticks.
    Maybe bring some books to read before bed and a few little shovels and buckets to play with. I'm sure there will be lots in nature that will keep your LO entertained.

Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 9:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I agree with Laila-May, whenever I take toys for my kids they always find dirt to play in. He will be so excited being outside that he's going to entertain himself. Just make sure that he doesn't stick all the interesting bugs he finds in his mouth (my oldest son used to try to do that all the time).

Have a great time!
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 9:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• balls, water toys
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 4:33 AM on Jul. 5, 2010