Kheygon or Kheiton?

Which name do you like best for a boy? If you don't like either...that's fine...just pick which what you hate the least! ;) Thanks!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Baby Names

• Kheygon.... I have a friend that spells it Keigon
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:34 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• neither spelling personally. All I can think of is the poor kid trying to learn to spell their own name and being totally confused as to why there are the extra letters
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Oh honey! Spell them the traditional way! Whats that 1st one KEY-GON.or KEY-GHEN? i guess the 2nd one is a little better,is it KEY-TUN?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I actually like both, but hate the way you spelled them. They will forever be correcting peoples spelling and will always get things with their name misspelled on it.

And think of the poor little guy in Kindergarten trying desperately to write his name!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:00 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Think of it this way--if we are having a hard time figuring out how to pronounce the names, imagine your kid, the other kids, the teachers, the pediatrician....you get the idea. They may be nice names, but give the kid a break.
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 10:00 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• The names are ok. I prefer the second. I agree with the others don't care for the spelling either.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:09 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Teacher speaking here. If you give your child either of these names, please teach them to be patient with people trying to pronouce it from the spelling. I get really frustrated when I get attitude from a student when I either ask them "how do you pronounce your name" or I attempt it myself and make a mistake. I personally like the first one if you are going with teh "Key-gun" pronounciation.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I like both names, but can't stand those spellings. Like Layh41407, I'm a teacher too and it really affects the way your child is treated in the education field when you give them names that have unusual spellings. I would choose Keiton because it sounds more masculine. Keagan is starting to be used for a girl's name and putting the "y" in it makes it super feminine.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I like Keiton but also dislike the funky spelling. The other is too much like Calgon...take me away.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:00 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Until I got a few posts into this I had no idea how to even pronounce either name. Honestly I don't like either, and if you do choose one, then like someone else said - teach them patience when having to correct people's pronunciation and spelling of his name, because it will be misspelled and mispronounced.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 4, 2010