Before PPD hits you, can you feel yourself being sucked down into it?

36wks pregnant and this whole pregnancy i've found myself caring less and less about things. I have a really bad feeling that it's going to get progressively worse as I near the due date, have the baby and start recovery from my 3rd and last c section. My husband starts Nursing school TWO WEEKS after the baby gets here, and my parents will eventually have to go home, leaving me with 4 kids under the age of 4 to take care of. I cried today just thinking about it. My husband said it won't be so bad...but he's not the one that gets to be home 24/7 with all of our children. I love my children, and I will love this baby....but I really feel as though i'm going to slide into depression because of how overwhelming it will all be. My in laws live in town, but they ALL work...so no help there, and my parents live on the west coast, and I live in IL. What can I do? :(

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 9:32 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Health

• I did I cut my friends and family off all I wanted to do was cry. I talked to my dr he gave me zoloft.
    ashlee31627

Answer by ashlee31627 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• take some prescription. i didn't with my first and was and am so glad i did with the second. of course it doesn't make it all better but sure did help.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2010