Do you say something?

We are at Disney having dinner at Cinderellas castle. We have our 2 and a half year old and our 3 month old. We are at a table on the side of the room and off around the corner. I had to breastfeed my son... there was no other place to go. I had a full shawl on there is no way anyone could see anything. An older woman 2 tables over gets up has to look for a minute or two then goes back to her table and announces in disgust " she is actually breatfeeding at that table!" I was so embarressed and almost started to cry. My husband wanted to go say something to her but I stopped him for fear we would have WWF in cinderellas castle. Would you have said something to her?

EmandMike

Asked by EmandMike at 10:00 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• nope. chances are everyone around her knows how rude it was.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• People are so rude! You should have stood up and just flashed her both!!! Maybe squirted her in the eye with some milk!

Cinderella probably would have given you a high five! lol

Why do people want to deny a baby the right to eat while they are gouching down food!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Just ignore her--you did nothing wrong.

but then again, she actually got up. came over, took a look and walked back in disgust. I admire your restraint.

Hmmm....if it wasn't the "happiest place on earth" I would have def said something....you can't fix stupid though :-)
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Hell yeah! And I didn't even breastfeed. That woman was a bitch, pure and simple.
    I'm so sorry you had your day ruined over someone so dumb. What did she expect, for you to hide under the table or something?
    But you're right. Cindarella's castle may not have been the place to kick ass :-)
    Please know she is the minority, that we aren't all so ignorant and judgemental.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• That is just crazy....I mean how does she think she was fed as a baby??? Formula wasn't around until, what, 30 years ago? Come on now. It's not like you had your boobs out there on the table. Forget her. Uptight people.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:04 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• No. Don't let her ignorance affect your holiday. She's old and probably bottle fed!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:05 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• You guys are the best!!! XXXOOOO You made me feel so much better!!! Thanks!
    EmandMike

Comment by EmandMike (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Wow...if she didn't like it, she didn't have to announce it. Seriously....she must have been searching the tables to find something wrong with somebody (even though it's not that big of a deal). I don't pay enough attention to other people around me! lol
    xoxoxoxo
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Most likely I would of wanted to say something and my hubby would of stopped me.

Don't worry about what some uptight old lady says.....she doesn't speak for the rest of the world :)
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 10:09 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Maybe some baby round house kickes to the head would have set her straight :) Breast feeding rocks!
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2010