when is a good time to start reading books to my baby(12 weeks)?

wood1980

Asked by wood1980 at 10:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• NOW!! It is never too early to read to your child. Research states that a child should be read to 20 minutes a day, everyday. Being read to helps children to learn how to speak, form words, what words and sentences are. I know someone who read to her baby inutero and the child is now in her teens and they still read out loud to each other. It is also a great bonding time.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Now
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• At any time! Reading to your child is a wonderful thing! xoxox
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• It's never too early. My kids LOVE books and we've been reading to them for quite some time. They turn 2 July 22nd.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I started reading to my boys the minute they were born. It is never too early. And a great side effect was whenever my son got cranky, he would immediately calm down if I started reading to him. It was one of his magic off buttons. His others were walking outside, and looking at family pictures.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I started reading when she was in my tummy and never stopped. Now she is two and she LOVES books. She cant even go to sleep without having at least two books in the bed with her.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 10:23 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Now, your baby won't understand what you're reading, but they love to hear your voice and the sounds of the different words.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Now. I read to all 4 four my children when they were in the womb. The more you read the better.
    shantestv

Answer by shantestv at 10:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My pediatrician said reading to them from day one. They may not understand what you're reading to them, but they love the sound of your voice. It comforts them. Then as they get older and become more interested in books they'll start to understand and want to do it too.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2010