what is the meaning of life?

really, what is it?

fourkidssoon

Asked by fourkidssoon at 10:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Whatever is most important to you. For me, the meaning of life is to live a long and happy life with my family.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:23 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Whatever you make it to be. There cannot be one meaning for the billions of people in this world. Everyone has different ideas of what makes them happy, they have different goals, and different likes/dislikes. Therefore, each individual has to make their meaning to life something that is important to them. Something that works for them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:25 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I didnt know the meaning of life until I had my daughter. then I realized raising children and watching them grow is what it's all about.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• 42.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• It's different for each one of us. Each life is here so that our soul/spirit can learn certain lessons and aid others in learning their lessons. We aren't able to enter a permanent spiritual plane without becoming "whole." So the meaning of life would be simply to learn those lessons and ascend to a higher place, become more than we are now...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I think there is a meaning. I believe it is to be good to one another, care for your family and community. Love each other even if it kills you. Every person you encounter each day is a part of your life, however insignificant. We all have issues, hurts, problems as well as the good stuff. It is being mindful and paying it forward and then karma comes back to you. Just my opinion.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:57 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Your heart should be telling you what the meaning of your life is. What is it that motivates you to get up each morning? What makes you feel fulfilled? Discovering these things will answer your question for you. We won't find out for sure what the meaning of our lives is until it's over, so I suggest living it to the fullest.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:10 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• A logical postulation which evades any possible resolution.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I personally believe it is what you make of it. I believe that the journey is the meaning - the growth, the lessons, the way we mature and come to embody our humanity on a deeper level. Its the personal process, the way we change for the better over time, that matters, IMO. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Survival of the species, or 42.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2010