Have you ever had a painfull bump on your tongue inside it? Any idea why I do?

I've always had 2 or 3 bumps in my tongue, but they never hurt until a couple days ago. I looked, and it's nothing on the outside of it, it's all inside. The painful one is twice the size as the other, about half the size of a grape. Anyone have experience with this or have any suggestions? I'm taking ibuprofen for the pain and it only dulls it.

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 10:36 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Health

• Swollen tastebud. Usually from eating a lot of one taste (ex: sour, sweet, spicy,etc). I usually swish hydrogen peroxide and spit it out. Otherwise, you just have to deal with it. I have also, held very cold water or ice in my mouth. It should go away in a couple of days.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• This sounds nasty but i do it. When i get those irratated swollen taste buds i take my teeth and bite them completely off and it bleeds a little but not for long and it feels better immediately.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 11:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• It's not on the top of the tongue. It's not even visable, so I can't bite it off :-( Looking at the tongue, you wouldn't notice it was there.
    Kiwismommy19

Comment by Kiwismommy19 (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2010