What is a good convertible carseat? My son is 3 months and almost ready to switch over

Has anyone dont the lastest research on the best convertible carseat as far as crash tests and safety? There is so many to choose from and my 3 month old is 18lbs and almost ready to switch over. I did my research for his infant carrier carseat and really like the Chicco keyfit 30. It says it is for up to 30lbs but it is just getting too heavy to carry. One thing I wont buy used or buy cheap is a carseat, I dont mind spending a little extra for something so important. The one I have my eye on is the Recaro Signo and it is about$250, it is rear or forward facing upt to 70lbs, anyone have this? Or let me know if you have a good carseat from another maker?

wood1980

Asked by wood1980 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh come on gaill get real!!! my son was 10 pounds at birth...and now 17 months old and weighs 25 and maybe more now......... and he is not fat at all!!!!!! your crazy maybe you should feed your grandkids they seem really unhealthy
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 5:09 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• You definitely should stick with one that is both rear- and front-facing. A lot of articles are now suggesting living your toddler and infant in a rear-facing seat until he/she is 2 years old. Rear-facing seats absorb the impact and spread the force equally over your child's head, neck and back. Children in front-facing seats are prone to more injuries because their head and neck are not supported. I have a rear- and front- facing convertible seat. It goes all the way up to booster and cost me around $250. It is definitely worth it!!
    jessflynn

Answer by jessflynn at 10:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• i really wouldnt swich yet. my daughter is the same age and weight, and i will def not be switching her soon. if you do choose to please make sure it still is rear facing.
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• What kind is it???
    wood1980

Comment by wood1980 (original poster) at 10:51 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Check out Graco MyRide 65. I have one and I love it! It is very easy to install and comes with cup holders. It is RF to 40lbs I believe, and FF to 60lbs. Got it for $130.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 10:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Safety 1st All-In-One Convertible Car Seat - Titanium Alpha
    jessflynn

Answer by jessflynn at 10:56 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I for sure will keep him rear facing for at least 1.5 years. Thats why I am looking for one that is both rear and forward facing- I want it to be the last carseat he needs.
    wood1980

Comment by wood1980 (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I have a evenflo triumph advance-I think this is the one that consumer reports put as the best.
    I also have a britax marathon-this one can be used up to 65lbs and 49in
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I have both a MyRide and a TrueFit, and would recommend either.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I have the Britax Marathon and would recomend it. I also have the chicco for my 3 month old son and he is outgrowing it. Although he is within the weight limits his legs are long and feet touching the end. This cant be safe! We will also switch and keep him rear facing of coarse. Thanks for posting the question and if you get anymore info pls post!!! Why the Ricardo? I haven't heard of it? Where do you buy it?
    EmandMike

Answer by EmandMike at 12:09 AM on Jul. 5, 2010