How to become a great lover

I was almost 21 when I lost my virginity and I've only been with 1 person who happens to be my child's father. When we were together, I'd mention to him that I was bored with our sex life and that I wanted to try new things, but I know that he wasn't comfortable with himself, therefore, we only tried a few times to spice up our love life. I know that we both had self-esteem issues and that played a major role, but now that I'm kissing 30 in a few years I want to explore my sexual side to find out what I like. I feel embarassed about my lack of experience, but I am willing to learn and try new things. I also think that I might be bisexual and I want to learn how to be intimate with another female. I'm looking for people to respectfully give me advice and not pass judgement on my post. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't know you well enough to promise you anything that works for me will work for you, but here are the suggestions I give to my friends who ask me a similar question:
    1. Trust yourself and your body
    2. Tell yourself your sexy and believe it
    3. Be creative, but set limits (You don't want to do stuff that you'll regret later or be embarrassed about later)
    4. Find out what kind of person you are in bed (ex: I'm a biter and I like to be in control most of the time. I like fighting for the top ;)
    5. Find out what kind of sex you like (there are the kinky people and then there are the ones who like to go slow)
    6. TRY DIFFERENT POSITIONS!
    Personally, I would start off with some awesome condoms (ecstasy), toys (even if it's just yummy, lickable lotion), and a guy that is willing to try anything but go at your pace! GOOD LUCK! ;)
    Tay-Brittnie

Answer by Tay-Brittnie at 11:18 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• let go of all inhabitions. dont not do a new position because it is uncomfortable, only if it hurts (i'v found most positions that are hard to maintain give some of the best orgasms). dont be afraid to try new things and get to know what your partner likes.
    Anonymous

• The key to being a good lover is knowing yourself and being comfortable with what you like. Have fun with it. There's no text book way to do it so just try whatever strikes your fancy!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:14 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Honestly read books, buy porno's, and try to figure your body out by yourself if you know what I mean.
    Meladori_Magpie

Answer by Meladori_Magpie at 11:07 PM on Jul. 4, 2010