Not sure what to think of this?

I was at a 4th of July party hosted by one of the moms in my playgroup. Most of the people there have way more money than me. And I'm shy anyways. Mostly I go to these things for my son. I'm not the dress up type and I let my son do pretty much what he wants. He's a good baby he doesn't annoy people or anything. So I was sitting on the group with my son wrapped up and the host's mom came up and said I think your the most comfortable person here. And I'm sure if she meant it in a good or bad way. Like I'm super laid back. Or was she talking about my son. I'm the type that sits on the ground and I had cupcake all over me bc my son's cupcake kinda exploded and stained... So I just felt a little awkward after that. Like I really don't fit in. But everyone was super nice and we had a blast.

fairyinabubble

Asked by fairyinabubble at 11:16 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• take it as a compliment.

I bet she meant everyone there was super uptight.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:19 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Sounds like they were complimenting your laid back attitude. I'd take it as a good thing.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• It sounds to me like she was making an indirect comment about your clothing and how you were not dressed up like everyone else. I think you should ask her what she meant the next time you see her just to make sure you have a better understanding of the comment.
    browneyes27

Answer by browneyes27 at 11:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I would think it was a good thing too.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• You should celebrate that you can be yourself and not follow the crowd! I would have been the type to be dressed to the nines and same with my kids. Everyone would have been uncomfortable and most likely itchy. My daughter would be pulling the bow out of her hair and I would be putting it back in... I would have looked at you and thought Gosh, I'd love to be her right now! You should feel proud and definately take it as a compliment. We are all a little too up tight these days!
    EmandMike

Answer by EmandMike at 11:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• i agree with lovinangels. you were probably the only one comfortable enough to be yourself.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• It sounds like she meant well, but you never know with people.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 11:32 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I agree with everyone else, it sounds like it was most likely a good thing :)
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 11:33 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• :) I would take it as a compliment (whether it was meant as one or not)
    Tay-Brittnie

Answer by Tay-Brittnie at 11:34 PM on Jul. 4, 2010