Grr why? seriously??

Why are people so against family in need? What are they suppost to do? Please dont say go find a job bc their isent any, You dont know if their dissabled or their little one is so thats why the cant work! I have worked since i was 16 till my son was born and was special needs, and on top of my back surgerys, When i was working i never ever judged any one for being on welfare! I was happy my taxes were going to help others! What u want it to be like other countries where there are families starving? Not every one is lucky enough to have a job!!! This is just a vent, I know i will get bashed so bring it on!!!

DeeMarie87

Asked by DeeMarie87 at 11:34 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You rock! I wish more people thought the way you and I do.

In case you can't tell, I agree with you. :-)
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• a lot of people do have a job or jobs and still cant make ends meet.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:37 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I don't have anything against somebody on welfare. I do have a problem with people on welfare who have more children while still on welfare, people who drive really nice cars, the ones who spend it on alcohol and drugs, and those who could work who choose not to. I don't automatically judge. I reserve judgement until I find something that really bothers me. I was on welfare for 18 months while I was a student and a single mom to two girls, I then found a job. Temporary assistance is fine as long as you keep looking for a solution to the financial problems. Life long assistance is ok also...as long as it is actually needed. There was my vent!
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I agree, lots of people need help now and then and there is absolutely nothing wrong with getting that help!
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 11:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I started working when I was 13 years old. I have never been on assistance till I had my son. I am still jobless. I went on maternity leave and took an at-home job to pay the bills. I was going to return to my regular job part-time and continue with the new job until it earned enough for me to stay home full time. I had some money saved up to help out on maternity leave. I worked at the new job for a month before I had my son. I used my savings to pay bills for a couple weeks while I adjusted to being a mom and recooperated from the birth. When I tried to get my files to work at home, the company wouldn't send me any and I couldn't get anyone to answer me as to why. Then I tried to go back to my old job and they had found a replacement and I no longer had a job. I have been living with my uncle for 7 months while trying to find a job and I am on food stamps. I have been ridiculed and called lazy. Mean people suck!
    jessflynn

Answer by jessflynn at 11:56 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• People will never understand until they find themselves in a tough spot. In this economy... that might just be any time. Don't let those losers bother you, they're just really unhappy in their 'perfect' lives, so they have to take it out on other people.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I 100% agree with you, you can not tell just by looking at someone and judge whether they "deserve" to be getting help or not. Don't let them make you feel bad. They're going to get the same treatment they're giving out one day if they should ever lose their income and their perfect life goes down the drain.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I agree with you because I know from personal experience what it's like to be a single mom in poverty. People who have jobs and who's never had to be on public assistance don't have a clue what it's like to live below the poverty lines. We get judged and told that we don't try hard enough to fix our situation and for most of us that is not true at all. When my daughter was about 1 1/2 I tried everything to get childcare so that I could find a job and no matter how many agencies I called and went to, I was always told that there was no help available. It's easy for outsiders to judge and criticize because they're not going thru what we're going thru. There's a stigma attached to being poverty-stricken as if someone chooses to be poor. There are a lot of people who don't want better, but don't judge everybody based on the fact that there are a few bad apples in the bunch.
    browneyes27

Answer by browneyes27 at 11:49 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• if i could work i definitely would I just had eye surgery on june 22 and right now I am completel blind in my left eye. I am a diabetic who has been through so much in my life that my kids and my family came first and i neglected me. I can 't wait to go back to work I pray that this disability goes away. I hate hand outs and I feel the peoples attitudes about me. I have never been married and my 2 younger sons fathers died when they were both little so I didn't get child support. not asking for pity but understanding I still try to do things for me and its hard. I have 4 websites that I promote and have hardly made a dime off of a couple i have not made anything off of but i still prod on. a little about me.
    dynameteduck

Answer by dynameteduck at 12:02 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• money doesn't always mean hapiness. so maybe they arfe miserable and they want to have everyone else miserable. I make myself hppy every day and hope i can do the same for others.
    dynameteduck

Answer by dynameteduck at 12:26 AM on Jul. 5, 2010