Do you have an ex that still manipulates you?

my kids are with dad this weekend and he said he wouldnt take them to see fireworks unless I went along. He is my ex! I would have gone and picked up my kids but he lives too far away to grab the kids and take them to the stadium in time...My poor kiddos get to miss out on fireworks cause of him..DO NOT BASH EITHER LADIES,,Im not in the mood tonight

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• that is too bad for the kids but dont give in. One day when they are older they will see who was the bad guy, not you. I recently asked a similar question, my ex bullies me terribly. He does everything he can to make my life a nitemare...I dont know whats worse tho-an ex that hates you so manilulates, or an ex who claims to still "love" you so manipulates...hang in there honey. you are not alone.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I went through this.... I'm sorry momma. Good for you for stickin to it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I hate when people make it about themselves and not about thier kids...and that's exactly what he's doing. I'm sorry your having to deal with his immaturity. It sounds like something my brother would pull...and that's exactly why I don't talk to him! Ugh! xoxox
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:45 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Yes he does. He sets up situations some what like that, meaning I am the bad guy. He no longer sets em' up so we can be together, he has another wife so no need (#3). I just don't fall for it. If he sets it up and my daughter gets disappointed I find a way to explain it to her so she sees it was HIS choice not to do whatever it was and had NOTHING to do with me.

Ex's can be a real pain the a**
    SassyStinger

Answer by SassyStinger at 8:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2010