Exercises to do with kids?

I am overweight and my kiddos are skinny little things. I want us all to be healthy and I would like my girls to have some muscle tone (eventually). Any ideas of exercises we could do together? Girls ages 6 and 7.

ashisamom

Asked by ashisamom at 11:49 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I teach PE and there are so many fun games/exercises that you can find on PE Central or other PE teaching web sites. My Boys have a trampoline in their play room that they love to jump on. We do push up and curl up competitions, go for walks, bike, race, play baseball, swim, run through the sprinklers, garden, use Pool Noodles for hockey sticks and play hockey, play on a jungle gym w/ them, they love Yoga and I have some wonderful Kid Yoga DVD's, goofey wedding dance songs, Stand while drawing/coloring/painting/play do, water balloon toss... Hugs!
    sportemom

Answer by sportemom at 2:39 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Dance silly, walk in the park, softball, basketball...
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I'm interested in this as well.
    browneyes27

Answer by browneyes27 at 11:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• my dd who is almost 7 loves to do yoga and pilates with me, but i have been doing yoga with her since she was a newborn. Dance is always great exercise.
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 11:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• dancing around is always fun :)
    trampolines are fun, though they can be pricy
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• walk to the park and instead of sitting, play with them.

we play tag on the park - I'm on the ground and they're up. I try to catch them.

walks along the river

trampoline

waterfights in the backyard
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• during the park play, have races from one tree to the next. Practice games that they do at school so maybe they can get better? Like 3 leg races or egg toss or water baloon fights? Another one I love is get an old hand towel or bath towel and each take an end and play tug of war... or even get an old sheet, have one kids lay on it while you and the other drag them across the grass. Wow! I got a lot of this from my bootcamp and think I'll go put these in my car now!
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 2:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2010