do you ever feel like CafeMom is the only socialization with adults that you get?

I don't talk to any of my friends, barely, except online anymore, I am on cafemom almost all day because I seek some sort of outside communication.

Anyone else feel this way even if you don't want to speak up

BUMP me so I know I'm not alone, it's not like I'll get the points anyway.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I know the feeling...I don't like it, but what else is there? All my friends live too far to "hang out" with and everyone is too busy to chat on the phone.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 12:16 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Sometimes I do. I prefer online/email to the phone though.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:15 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• For the most part, yeah. I talk to my husband of course, and my mom and friend a couple times a week, but that's it. I'm glad I have this, people in line behind me tend to get mad if I try to make small talk with the cashier at the grocery store or gas station. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:17 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• My friends and family are far too absorbed in their own lives to have time for anyone else so cafemom is about as much outside contact as I have. I don't even bother to chat on messenger anymore.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 12:19 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Yup, I agree. I use to have so many friends, and we still occasionally get together, but with 3 LO's it's hard! Glad I'm not the only one.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:19 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• definitely.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:18 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Awww, that is so sad!! This is why I love to work...I would go crazy if I was around kids all day long...day in and day out. I'm lucky that I work with my friends so I don't ever feel this way. I like cafemom because you get different oppinions and perspectives to situations but luckily it isn't my only means of adult conversation.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:19 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I feel the same as badgirl44654
    everyone I know/knew has "so much to do" so I just sit here bored wondering how the hell do I make new friends?

I do know there is a mommy and me network group locally that is free so I will attend that this thursday. It's sad that I am hoping I meet someone, I never had to think about "trying" to make friends before.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:21 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Some days this website or e-mails are the only adult socialization I get but I do try to get some face to face interaction with adults on a daily basis though but sometimes this website is better for me though!?!?
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 12:28 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Actually it is.  There have been days that have gone by that I have only talked to other adults on this site.  I'm alone with my kids all day long.  My husband lives in another state and sometimes we go days without texting each other (our cell service is sketchy making actual conversations hard).  I don't really have any friends in real life.  We live with my dad but I avoid him as much as possible.  If it wasn't for this site I would lose my mind.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:13 AM on Jul. 5, 2010