I wonder how busy the ER's are right now???

My brother's girlfriend is an ER nurse and she always says this is one of the worst holidays because of the fireworks and people being stupid about them. Any nurses out there that have ever had to work the 4th? Any stories for us???

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 12:16 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Entertainment

• IDK, I'm a police dispatcher and, though I didn't work last night, I'm working this morning and, it looks like we only had a few calls... fireworks are illegal here so, mainly people are calling to complain about people shooting them off.
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 9:10 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• IDK...but the dog pound are always full after the 4th...dogs flipping out and running away!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 12:29 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• As an ex-EMT/Paramedic, we actually never have many calls on July 4th, the only one I can think of was a car accident at 2:00 AM. The best nights for ER are full moon and welfare check night!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:25 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I am not sure. I know one friend's daughter already in the hospital b/c of fire works.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 5, 2010