okay spin off another question... REAL quesiton. Babies ears pierced

So, if you disagree with getting a childs ears pierced because its "for the parent" or its mean to cause pain like that, let the child decide when they are older...

my question is this...Do you or would you circumcise your son?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:51 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:52 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• My son is circumcise. I left it mainly up to my husband on that one. I did get my 2 oldest girls ears pierced but not my baby. I am debating on getting hers done any time soon.

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:53 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• OH and please also add if you agreed with piercing ears to be wrong.

im just curious :D and thought it was a good question to spin off the other!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 12:53 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• yep i sure did and my lil girls ears are pierced
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 12:53 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• No and I disagreed with the piercing of baby's ears.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:55 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• My son was circumcised for a couple reasons. 1) His father is and I would prefer he look like his father and feel more natural about his private parts in relation to his dad's. 2) There is less risk to sexually transmitted diseases later in life. It is more difficult to clean a circumcised penis as the sheath must be pulled away, etc. Little boys love to clean so much anyway, not.

I do think it is up to the girl to decide she wants to have pierced ears. Although it hurts it DOES NOT hurt as much as a circumcision does should a male decide at some point as an adult to desire a circumcision.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:56 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I pierced my daughter's ear at 4 months... she didn't even cry and I'm so happy i did. I did it because i didn't get mine done as a baby and when i was a little girl i wanted to have my ear pierced so bad, but i was to scared to get it done and didn't till i was 16! As far as circumcising... that's up to my hubby too, he is not. So it would be whatever he is comfortable with.
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 12:57 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Yes I do. I see a HUGE difference with putting holes in a babies ears just to make them pretty and doing a medical procedure to keep my child healthy. Of course, you know me, I did the research. Ear piercing at a young age adds to risk of infection and also causes much more tissue damage that when it's done later in life. When done with a gun there is an added risk of infection and a risk of HIV and other things. As for circumcision, whether or not the mothers on this site are willing to admit it, it cuts down on the risk of my child catching things like HPV and Penile cancer. It also reduces the risk of both fungal and yeast infections. I don't know what their future will bring them, and I don't always know that they will be in a position to keep things perfectly clean.

So yes, I circ and I still see pierced ears on a baby as horrid!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:57 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I posted a question like this ages ago, BTW, I was shocked at the number of moms who were the opposite - they didn't circ because it was "unnecessary" and "cosmetic" and then they were all for piercing... Honestly, it made my head spin!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:59 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I didn't answer the question, but i disagree with getting babies ears peirced. especially bald babies. it just doesn't look cute to me. we got ds cut, but am not putting holes in my dd's ears. she can make that decision when she's older.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:59 AM on Jul. 5, 2010