please settle this between my husband and i..........PLEASE!!!!!

my husband get $1000 in unemployment a month. he has been looking for work but nothing so far. our rent alone is $900. needless to say, i need to get off my ass and get a job. i have a bachelors degree in travel tourism and business management but right now i will clean toilets to get a little extra income. my husband thinks that's a dumb idea. he thinks i should get a career in my field of study instead of wasting time with bulshit jobs. so what do you ladies think? should i wait around for the perfect job or get anything right now to pay bills but continue to look for a better job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• get anything you can for now until something bigger and better paying comes along. we're in the same boat, looking for a job. GL!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:54 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• If you really need the help then at the moment get what you can get. You can always keep looking for the type of job you want, but if you need the help now then get whatever job comes around.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:54 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• How do you manage on $100 a month???

How about you get a night job... any job. And carve out a couple hours during the day for interviews to find your "career" job. That way there is money coming in AND you are working towards the ultimate goal of a career.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 12:55 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I think that even a job that is out of your area of expertise is better than nothing. I have done cleaning, pet sitting, baby sitting, and other jobs here and there over the years. There is no shame in doing honest work for honest pay.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:55 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• hello! if you have bills to pay, and his unemployment isn't cutting it, yes! get off your butt (your words) and get a job, any job!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:55 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• do anything u can now while looking 4 a better job
    USPS-I-DELIVER

Answer by USPS-I-DELIVER at 12:55 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• why not d the bullshit jobs now and apply for the better ones, Just use then "bullshit jobs" till u find the job of ur dreams??
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 12:56 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• In this economy... I say take what you can get and keep looking for that perfect career job. I know a lot of people that have many years of school under thier belt working at starbucks for income and benefits!
    EmandMike

Answer by EmandMike at 12:56 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• It's an employer's market, so grab the bull by the horns and take whatever opportunity comes your way. Good luck!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:57 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I would be finding anything for now and continue looking for something great.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:57 AM on Jul. 5, 2010