Wheezing during sleep?

My 1yr old is teething again. When he is teething he gets a cough and very congested. If more than one tooth is coming in he gets a fever. He has at least 3 popping in right now. He has had a very long busy day and when he finally slowed down enough to nap he was wheezing during his sleep. he has never done that before. I was wondering if anyone elses babies have done this while teething or if I should be worried and keeping a closer eye on it than I already am?

krystie-tina

Asked by krystie-tina at 12:59 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Everytime my son, who is now 2 ... got a tooth.
    He also got a FEVER, Vomiting, Diarrea, Lethargic and didn't eat well.
    He would also have asthma like symptoms . Whenever I would take him to the dr. they would see that he was teething but also had a possible ear infection. Teeth hurt and I would just be as concerned with the breathing issue. Sometimes my son needs to use an inhaler and even worse Prendisolone (steroid). Hope your baby gets better. I know he will.
    mommy25791317

Answer by mommy25791317 at 3:47 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Get your little one check for asthma.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 2:38 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I'm not sure about the teething, but my 16 month old has a BAD cough right now :( its sad, its worse at night put her in the bathroom with u and run the shower HOT
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:01 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• He may have some sort of sinus infection. I'd take him to the doctor Monday or Tuesday if your office is closed tomorrow. He may need breathing treatments / nebulizer.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 1:01 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I don't really remember that being a part of teething. I would think more allergies, sinus, etc. Just keep an eye, or an ear out for him. If he seems to be in any type of distress, he needs to be seen right away. You never know what they might develop an allergy to.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:12 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I think you should get your child checked.I have suffered from asthma ever since I was a child and still keep an eye on my girls for signs.So far they haven't inherited my condition,but wheezing is something to let your doctor know about.
    MyrMar

Answer by MyrMar at 3:29 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Itallabtthem and myrmar: I was just thinking that. I all of a sudden remembered that asthma runs in the family. I think that may be it I have been keeping an eye/ear on it and no wheezing when he went to bed. I'll talk to his doc about it.
    krystie-tina

Comment by krystie-tina (original poster) at 3:39 AM on Jul. 5, 2010