What do you think was/is/or is going to be your greatest parenting challenge?

Mine?

I love little babies and I can handle older kids but the 2 year old, always asking questions, stage seems like it will be the hardest for me. I am not there yet, my son is only 7 months, but just listening to other kids at that age just annoys me. Sorry, but it's true. Grocery store drama, pushing buttons, and too young to do a sport but too old to just be quiet. LOL
Maybe I'll have more patience with my own child, since it seems to be stranger's kids that annoy me, but for now that age seems to be scary.

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 1:30 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• right now, the hardest part for me is dealing with tempers...and sadly, the hardest part of dealing with the tempers is knowing that they get it from me :(
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• For me I think it's going to be "the talk" and puberty. I have two girls! Pray for me! lol
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:32 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• lol my son is 4 and we have a big problem with bed time, he went in to terrible 2's and never came back out LOL, my daughter is 2.5 and her terrible 2's havent kicked in yet thank god!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:33 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• So far, with my son, the most challenging time was potty training. Now that we are expecting a girl, I'm dreading her dating.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:34 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Teenage years!! just in general i guess. its an overly dramatic stage of life for most, but i'm hoping my girls take it better than i did lol :)
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 2:09 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I have 3 sons who are 26, 23, and 15. I have done all the stages at least twice and working on the 3rd. My greatest challenge changed with each child. My oldest joined the Coast Guard and lived 1,100 miles from home and was deployed a total of 2.5 years at sea. That seemed hard at the time, but now, not so much. My 23 year old marches to a different drum. He plows his own path which is not always easy on him or us. He is using his 20's as his "question mark" years. He has finally decided to return to school and finish his degree. My 15 yo has been the easiest by far. He is funny, compliant, focused, respectful, and just a neat kid. My challenge with him, so far, is to not make plans without consulting with us. We are the first of the loop not an afterthought. He's doing better though.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:03 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• The bigger the child, the bigger the problem.
    The last time I was really relaxed, I was pregant and didn't know it. The next time that I will be really relaxed will be on the day of my daughter's college graduation.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:31 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Transitioning my son to adulthood & independence, hopefully. Letting him go out on his own will be difficult, if it is possible, and if he is unable to achieve independence, locating appropriate living arrangements & care for him will be even more of a challenge, because nothing will be "good enough" in my eyes for my son.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2010