Fireworks and little ones

How did your little ones do tonight. We have a 16 month little girl and she was great with the ones that would just light up but not the ones with the reports. She would sit on our lap and wimper and hug our necks. Our neighbors in our subdivision spends a huge amount of money on fireworks so we never have to go anywhere. I took her in to give her a bath and try to get her to go to sleep and the whole time she was all worked up and kept talking about the "boom, boom, boom." I felt bad for her. What about your children.

vickwu

Asked by vickwu at 1:32 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My youngest(11 months) did awesome. She did a lot better then her older sisters and brother did there 1st time.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:36 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• my poor baby was so upset by the festivities! the little guy just clung to me and buried his head in my chest. i have to admit...it was nice to have him want to be so close to me. since he learned to walk, i have been forgotten....
    june_kitten

Answer by june_kitten at 1:41 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• My little one watched from inside the dining room where she could still see them over the lake while I was out with the older two last night. Tonight we parked in front of a different lake and watched from the van. The noise scares her but she likes the fireworks themselves.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 1:42 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• My 2 1/2yr old saw some the night before and freaked out so I was really worried about her today....however we got her some of those snap popper thingies, and she used those and got used to counting "1,2, boom!" then we moved up gradually to a little bit louder firecracker, up until we got to the huge ones. When they started getting loud, she started to get scared, until I covered her ears with my hands, then she was fine! She LOVED sparklers! :)

soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 1:47 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• My 2.5 yo's bedtime is at 7:30 and it doesn't get dark here till 9. She slept straight through them.

We're hoping she'll be more awake next year.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:54 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I let my three year old stay up to watch. She was tired and grumpy until they started but then she LOVED them. It was so cute. She kept holding her hand out to try to catch them. She also was saying what she thought each one looked like. "Whoaaa! That one is like a rainbow!" She said the really big ones were like buildings. Haha.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 4:19 AM on Jul. 5, 2010