I ache really bad, and its been a month since I gave birth, is this normal?

Dear cafemoms,
Well I gave birth to a baby girl on June 5th, and today she is a month old, but now is when my body is starting to hurt even more, more than he first week, after I had given birth. I had an epidural, so that area, just recently started hurting, idk why, because three weeks ago it didnt. Im also cramping real bad, like if I was to have the time of the month, which I still havent had, and I sometimes get sharp pains in my private area, all of this is really getting me scared, because why didnt it happened before....arent I supposed to be healing? Well my sixth week appointment is not until July 16th, so do yall recommend for me to go sooner?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Health

• just give your doctor a call tomorrow. I do not have the same problems you have but my whole stomach and digestive system has never been right since I had my daughter. I get tummy aches A LOT which I never did before.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 2:03 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• it soudns kind of normal to me, I had pain at the spot of my epi as well, and sometimes now i still get an awkward pain.

u can always call ur dr and ask them though and speak with the triage nurse
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:05 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I'm sorry that you feel bad and I hope you feel better soon. I had the epidural when I had my daughter and to be honest I haven't been the same since. I used to sleep on my stomach, but now I can only sleep on my sides because my lower back hurts if I don't. When I brought her home after the 3 days in the hospital, my whole back was stiff and I couldn't stand upright for about 3 days, I was in a lot of pain. My back bothered me daily for over a year. Talk to your doctor right away because the pain is no joke.
    browneyes27

Answer by browneyes27 at 2:33 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• thank you guys for giving me a piece of mind...
    Marinewife7-18

Answer by Marinewife7-18 at 3:07 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• the cramping part is normal.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 4:30 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• i would call your dr., just so they know what is going on. i don't have any epidural experience, but sometimes they can be bad! try not to over do it for sure.
    it takes some women 6 weeks to heal.
    be sure to tell your dr. that you hurt worse now than you did in week one!
    congratulations on your baby!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:35 AM on Jul. 5, 2010