Can you top this?

Okay time for most annoying things to happen on the 4th of July, here is mine ........ Sitting in the park waiting for the fireworks to start and just about 5 minutes before hand we hear a scream and people are getting up and running i look up and see sprinklers on full blast and people are getting soaked! we got up grqabbed everything adn RAN fast with 3 kids, a dog and blankets. Now normally i would laugh and enjoy it since normally we are having a heat wave this time of year but tonight it is windy and cold. Small children soaked parents very mad and for some reason the city was able to pay $10,000 for fireworks but couldnt afford to pay someone to turn OFF the park sprinklers, yup I am sooo impressed.

Okay your turn what went wrong during your 4th of July?

3_ring_circus_

Asked by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:20 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Holidays

• LOL, The only laugh I had was when this couple got stuck in the mud and 10 people had to help push them out. The cops had blocked the area off due to all the mud. It had cones and do not crossing line all over, but these people decided they were going to drive through it all.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 2:25 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I took my kids to the pool earlier and I got a horrible migraine while we were there. I get them every few months or so but they are so bad that I get queasy and I am sensitive to light. So we had to leave early so I could sleep it off. When I woke up I was a lot better. We had a great dinner then went to see the fireworks. So it started bad but ended great.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 2:37 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• A fireworks booth got robbed by a car full of guys in guns. Luckily the firework booth my church was working at didn't. They just got a counterfeit bill.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 2:41 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• we were shooting off fireworks in the drive way, just little ones. i was in the house with the baby, but i was watching through the door. the men thought it would be cool for the kids to light the fireworks with their sparklers, one at a time with supervision.
    then there is my first child who sticks a firework in the ground. then there is my second child who comes to light it with his sparkler, without supervision. i was pounding on the door trying to stop him, and a neighbor was right next to it. he couldn't get my son out of the way, so he picked up the firework and tossed it...right into a tree!!! we had a sparkling tree! i had to bang on the door again to be sure someone got a picture!
    no injuries, and no damage! i think the supervising men learned a lesson though!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:25 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• That is actually pretty funny.
    mommybug77

Answer by mommybug77 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• This happened 3 years ago, but I went into pre-term labor at 25 weeks just after midnight on July 4th. I missed my sister's annual 4th of July party and my nephew's birthday (born July 3rd) that year.
    patsfan013

Answer by patsfan013 at 7:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2010