im waiting it out but just want to hear a few stories and please no horror stories

ok so i been having contractions that hurts for the last 3 days and tonight we start our fireworks and i loss my plug and i been having bad cramps bad and there coming every 4 to 5 mins but i can stand them im scared to go to the hospital and them send me home again like they have already i live almost 45 mins away so if i go i want to make sure its time this time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not all labors last hours and hours. I live an hour from the hospital, and with my first, they kept turning me away when I told them I was in labor. I was so embarassed to keep making my husband drive me back and forth, but thank god I was persistant because in the time it took the nurse to do the paperwork necessary to turn me away once again, I dilated from 1-7 and in 10 more minutes I was pushing dd out. Never even made it to a delivery room. I say go in and get checked out, better safe than sorry, and don't let them turn you away until they've properly checked you out. Good luck in your delivery!
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 6:55 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Being the fact that your 45 minutes away from the L&D i would be getting things together and hit the road. You don't want to have your baby in the car on the side of the street. My friend was 10 minutes away from L&D and she had her son on the side of the street cause she waited at home to long. I went from 5cm to 8 in 15 minutes and then to 10 7 minutes. That was my first child.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:27 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• If your contractions are consistently 4 minutes apart, you need to go to L&D.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:04 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• i think u should go. same thing happened to me. i noticed it was real thing when went to bathroom & had urge to push. drove to hospital about 10 min away & baby was crowning. thats JUST how I wanted it to go! lmao. get your bags & drive that drive asap.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 2:53 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• If you are close to the hospital I would wait till 3 minutes apart. Then again knowing what I know now I would homebirth, but that is a totally different story. But really....contractions are like that....they tend to get stronger as labor progresses....cross your fingers and maybe take a walk.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:53 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• well...how did it go mama?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:07 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Hopefully things keep prgoressing for you!! Once I actaully went into labor things moved really really fast. I had contractions for like 33 hours, but I had them for 22 hours then they stopped for like 8-10 hours. then I went into labor again at midnight. By the time I got to my midwife at 6am I was already 7cm and dd was born at 9:30! Good luck!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 10:13 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• i think it's good to stay home as long as possible, but if you are going to a far away hospital, you might want to get somewhere near so you aren't driving in labor. :-)

my first birth experience was a very good one. it was pretty painful but never unmanageable. i labored in the tub for a while which was nice. it was a great experience to bring my son into the world! (my 2nd story isn't the greatest because it was premature, my son was born at 33 weeks. which made things scary but you don't have to worry about that!)

good luck!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:14 AM on Jul. 5, 2010