Getting ready to Diet...AGAIN! Fun Fun

I've had really great success doing the low/no carb thing in the past and have only gained back the weight because I allowed it to happen. I'm hoping to lose again and maybe find someone to join in with me.

GoJoMom2448

Asked by GoJoMom2448 at 3:35 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Health

• ohhh! i join with you! I need to loose about 50lbs, i posted something like the earlier
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 3:43 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Sounds good to Me. I'd like to lose 40-50 lbs myself. Do you have a program/diet that you are going to follow?
    GoJoMom2448

Comment by GoJoMom2448 (original poster) at 3:57 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• seems like i'm always on a diet. lol. was 215 n Nov after givin birth to my 3rd now 165! goal about 150. I am 6 ft tall.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 4:27 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Sounds as if you are yo-yo dieting. Dieting is not the answer. You need to make a lifestyle change. The reason so many people gain the weight back after a diet is because they go back to the same habits that caused them to gain in the first place.
    I lost 60 lbs and have kept it off - I did not diet.
    I watched my calories, stopped eating processed foods, stopped drinking sugary beverages, stopped eating fried food, and exercised. To keep the weight off, I limit how often I eat those foods.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 7:00 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Ditto what PrttyMstng said!
    mellie369

Answer by mellie369 at 8:09 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• i like going all natural for good health and optimal weight too! i find going all natural and cutting back on sugar allows me to eat all i want...no calorie counting!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:00 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes; some are actually dangerous. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 9:19 AM on Jul. 5, 2010