when is it ok to date when your serarated 1+ years??

Been married 5 years to SA & in divorce prosess. Hb is trying to drag out as long as possible.

PPM0610

Asked by PPM0610 at 3:55 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Date whenever you feel you are ready to!

dating in my opinion is having fun and a process of finding someone you can enjoy being around and possibly having a further relationship with. Nothing wrong with that! have fun with it when you are ready!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:07 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• when the divorce is in process.. since it already is the answer is "Now"!
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 4:10 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• morally I think its fine but be careful as sometimes that can be brought up in court. say for example ex wants something, like alimony(yep it happens) and he can tell the judge you were dating while still married. seperated or not, the judges personality could make him (or her) side with ex.I would check with a lawyer who does free consults to find out what the risks are, and then you can get advice about ex dragging his feet too. good luck!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:37 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I don't believe it is ever right to date while you are still married. I know that many people disagree with me, but you are still married.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:04 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I think you should wait until the divorce is final.

Answer by missanc at 8:34 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I think as soon as the divorce is in process, once you know there is no turning back, it's fine to date -- at least casually. Good luck sweetie I know waiting can be a pain! My divorce was just finalized a few weeks ago after waiting for what seemed like forever.....my ex didn't want to pay child support at all and fought signing the papers like crazy.
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 8:54 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• When I filed for divorce my lawyer said I could start dating immediately. Once separated you have the right to a life but check your state laws.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:13 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• i say atleast wait a few months after the divorce is final. i dont understand why people are in a hurry to jump in and out of relationships. take some time out to get yourself together and find out what went wrong and how you can prevent it from happening again in the future.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 11:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I seperated from xh in 2004.. yes, I dated, but I didn't get with DH until 2006... we were engaged that year, too! Finally, after 6 years of xh dragging his feet on the divorce, I finally got it, and we were divorced 4/13/10 and I married DH 4/22/10...
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2010