Do you ever have an occasional beer or two? Maybe a glass of wine?

Just asking because I will have a couple of beers or maybe a glass of wine every once in a while. And I mean I do this MAYBE once a year. I hadn't had anything with alcohol in over 4 years but I swear to you, people made a BIG deal that I had two beers at a dinner out one night. Really. Like I was going to be an alcoholic now or something. Haha. I am 32 and have no past issues with alcohol, so it was ridiculous to me. If I had been the one driving home from the restaurant, or drinking at noon while at home with my child I could see some cause for concern but that was not the case.

So what's the problem? Is having a beer (very occasionally!) "un-mommy-like" or something and no one told me?

LittleWeloosMom

Asked by LittleWeloosMom at 4:05 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Whoever says that is insane. unless you have a sever drinking problem.

i have drink on occasion like today i had one beer at a baseball game i went to ... my dd was there so was my So he didnt drink but there was nothing wrong with that.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:06 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I'd like to see what the people who commented on your drinking would say if they lived in Greece like I do!If you don't drink at least some wine or beer when you go out,then you're the odd man out.Especially in the summer, Greek people toast everyone with a glass of wine.I guess it helps them deal with the financial crisis and let off steam.
    MyrMar

Answer by MyrMar at 7:40 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I enjoy a 4 oz glass of red wine more than once a year - I'd say most evenings. I do not get drunk, the kids are in bed, and I'm not driving anywhere. I honestly don't see anything wrong with drinking in moderation. I think people are very all or nothing sometimes. They think you either don't drink at all or you're an alcoholic.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:23 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Whoever said that is insane and I would just forget about it. I have a glass of wine maybe 2-3 a year and maybe about 3-4 beers a year. I am not much a drinker myself and never really have been. There's nothing wrong with a beer here and there or even a glass of wine here and there. Just cause were mommas know doesn't mean we can't have a drink here and there.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:15 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• That is ridiculous. There is nothing wrong with having a drink once in a while. Now if it was an every day occurrence, or you got like tore back on a couple beers I could understand. I don't drink often, and when if I am planning on actually getting drunk, I make sure my son is not around. I had a couple strawberry margaritas tonight, they were yummy.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 4:33 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Me too! I hate beer but love a good red wine. A drink once in while is fine and actually the right way to enjoy a drink.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 5:19 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Do your own thing and enjoy it ocassionally and tell others you "enjoy it ocassionally"!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:11 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• yes
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 4:08 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Yes. once in awhile I like a glass of wine. Beer very seldom.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:37 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• people are weird.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:54 AM on Jul. 5, 2010