Tubes in Ears?

Anyone's lil one ever have to get tubes in there ears? My son has had serveral ear infection since he turned 1. He is now 18 months old. When should I consider bringing the idea up at his dr? I normally just take him into the urgent care b/c they are SO MUCH faster than his family dr. Usually takes his dr over an hr to see us and at urgent care no longer than 10 min. max. He has had atleast 4 that I can remember. Any advice? Should I ask for all records at urgent care and take to his dr asap?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would go ahead and ask the next time y'all go to his doctor. You should not have to get the records since they can get easier access to them.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:35 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I saw on the drs that tubes in ears are not necessary because children tend to have the "tube" that is in their ear naturally more horizontal than it should be and that they grow out of this.

If you are wanting it id just go to his pedi and mention how many he has had. im sure ur dr will believe u i dont think records are necessary.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:35 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• What kind of insurance do you have? If you need referals, I would go to your family doctor and get a referal to an ENT (Ear, Nose, Throat doctor). If you don't need referal, just schedule and appointment with an ENT.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:31 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• try looking at some alternative solutions. you can start http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/ear-infection.htm here! 

it is worth trying something else before considering minor surgery.

happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:54 AM on Jul. 5, 2010