Where do you find clothing (dresses in particular) for extra tall girls? Our DD is 12 and nearly 5'11". She wears a ladies size 12 dress and pants and a ladies size 11 shoe. What about shoes for her?

She MUST have dresses for church and other special occasions. As for the shoes, she doesn't want to wear a heel more than 1" because she is already feeling self-conscious about her height. All of her friends are at least 5" shorter than her (and she is 1 year YOUNGER than them!) We had to pay $14 extra per school uniform skirt to make them LONG enough to pass school dress code!

plclemo

Asked by plclemo at 8:26 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Check online for sources and call around to different department stores. Do your research at home and you can limit going all over the place for clothes. I wear an 11 shoe and get most of mine online. Zappos.com and Shoebuy.com have free shipping back to them if you have to make returns. (Shoes must be in original new condition, of course) Good luck! Also, if you know a seamstress she can be invaluable to your daughter.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:34 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• One website I just found when I googled tall girl clothes http://www.tallgirlshop.com/sale/jeans
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:37 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I'm 6 feet tall and wear size 10 shoe. Torrid has a lot of talls available and some size 12's. They also carry shoes that are larger. I have also bought jeans at Old Navy and the Gap, which both have tall sizes.
    Jenniejen77

Answer by Jenniejen77 at 9:14 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• my grils are only six but we already are running into this problem with the dresses. luckly for us my sister likes to sew them dresses. she has to add about 3-4 inches for ht. i have heard the gap and old navy have extra long hems that are designed to be let out for more length. a seamtress is going to be your best option or learnign how to sew. i have 2 female cousins who are 6ft 2 and have this problem too. i do not look forward to this as my girls grow
    chris13

Answer by chris13 at 12:18 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Surprisingly, Old Navy. They are tall girls' friends.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I second Zappos.com. : )
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 9:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2010