Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scared to get a divorce.

My husband has a huge, dangerous temper where he has put myself and our daughter in danger. We are seperated right now and he will be seeing a phychiatrist in a couple weeks. Will the psychiatrist be able to speak in court about my husbands inablility to care for our daughter? Btw he is 20 years old and refuses to watch the baby by himself. I am just terrified of what will happen to my daughter if we do get a divorced.

Answer Question

Asked by haileyannsmomma at 1:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Yes, the psychiatrist will be able to speak in court as to their opinion on his ability to care for the child and if he thinks your hubby is a danger. Especially if the judge ordered him to see the psychiatrist. The judge will let the psychiatrist submit his report and opinion on the record which will help you.

    Answer by vbruno at 1:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

  • I dont see why the psychiatrist wouldnt be able to. i mean in custody battles there is always someone who talks for both sides and its even better that he is somebody credible. im sorry this is happening to you hon. im here if ya wanna vent or talk.

    Answer by Mama_Mandy085 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

  • Yeah...the psychiatrist will do an evaluation of him and his temper and will be able to provide that to the courts. It is admissable if that is a reason for the divorce. I wish you luck :)

    Answer by amandaberry26 at 5:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

  • You can always request supervised visits with him. If he is incapable of taking care of his child then chances are you will be awarded full custody. If a health professional tells the judge of his 'mental' health condition, chances are that they will automatically arrange supervised visits.

    Answer by Princefan6684 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

  • should be able to speak in court. it's not the child speaking against one parent for another and it's not a family member so there isn't any reason why they shouldn't be able to.

    Answer by Ambreelulu at 11:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.