NEED UR ADVICE PLEASE...

SO MY DAUGHTER IS 10 MONTHS AND FOR THE PAST 4 DAYS SHE HAS BEEN HAVING QUITE A BIT OF DIAREA SHE GOES ABOUT EVERY 3 HOURS AND ONLY COMPLAINS OF PAIN LIKE CRAMPING DURING THE NIGHT WHEN SHES SLEEPING OTHER THEN THAT DURING THE DAY ALTHOUGH WITH STILL DIAREAH SHES PLAYING AND ACTING NORMAL I WANTED TO TAKE HER TO HER DOCTOR TODAY BUT THERE CLOSED SHOULD I TAKE HER TO THE ER.. WILL THEY EVEN GIVE HER ANY MEDICINE IAM CONFUSED AND A LIL SCARED UR ADVICE WOULD BE HELPFULL THANK U,, MAY I MAKE SURE TO ADD IAM MAKING SURE THAT SHE IS HYDRATED AT ALL TIMES AND SHE IS EATING WELL..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• is she drinking fluids? as long as she's active, and not showing signs of dehydration, she'll prob be ok. are there not any walk-in clinics you can take her to?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:01 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Is she showing signs of dehydration?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:02 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I wouldn't take her to the ER since it doesn't seem like an emergency to me. As long as she's acting normal during the day (aside from the diarrhea), I'd wait until tomorrow to take her to the doctor.
    rockinmomto2

Answer by rockinmomto2 at 9:02 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• giggles at dullscissors...yes, I would wait unless she gets pale, listless, stops playing/drinking (do NOT force her to eat and stick to the BRAT diet (Bananas, rice, applesauce, toast.)

Your pediatrician or insurance may have a 24 hour nurse line that you can call for comfort, and to get a quick medical opinion.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:05 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• no fever and well hysrated - keep doing what you are doing to keep her hydrated and keep an eye on her - if she doesnt get worse today then wait and take her to pedi tomorrow. :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:17 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Your doctor should have someone on call to answer questions. I wouldn't take a breastfed baby to the ER for a few days of mild diarrhea. I don't know how to care for a formula fed baby. The BRAT diet is no longer recommended by the AAP.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2010