Will you get a Chevy Volt?

The new almost all electric Volt was introduced in TX this weekend. It has a gas powered generator but mostly runs only on electricity. They say it will travel up to 40 miles on electric and cost in the $40,000 range minus government incentives and would add about $40 a month to your electric bill to charge.
http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Chevrolet_Volt/

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 9:14 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Not even NO... But hell no... My dad worked on some of the technology on this vehicle.... His answer~This car is NOT the answer to US dependency on oil.. It wasn't ready for release... Too many bugs.....~However, because of govt pressure~here we are..... It isn't even close. I am more interested to see how many recalls it will have over the next 5 years...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• No. The size isn't practical for my large family. Additionally, I've read that the overall carbon footprint is almost identical to a gas-burning car, after you factor in the production and disposal costs for the battery. Hybrids and electric cars have a long way to go before I'll even consider one.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:31 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• after you factor in the production and disposal costs for the battery

Not to mention the 4-5 thousand dollar cost for a replacement battery pack every three to four years. No way would I buy one.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:33 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• If Obama gets his CAP & TRADE passed we wont be able to afford the gas or electricity to drive any car.

I'm going to do like the Amish, and get a horse and buggy.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• nope
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:17 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• No. At this point in time, I'm not in the market for a new car. But if I were, I wouldn't consider the Volt because it is too small for my family's transportation needs.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 9:38 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• No way. It's completely impractical for my lifestyle, it's way too expensive for what you get.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:37 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Nope. I won't buy anything made by GM until the government gets out of it. And even then, I would buy a used car, but not one built during the Gov't Motor years.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• No.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:19 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Nope, with the size of my family we'd have to buy two or three to get us where we need to go LOL
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 9:34 AM on Jul. 5, 2010