I met a new guy...

but it turns out we are "related".
His grandma and my father are cousins, so his father and I are second cousins.
It sucks because we just found this out and everything was going so well.

What is your opinion on this? Keep talking to him or stop because it seems gross?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Break it off. This is not a good situation on many different levels. Should the two of you marry and have children, the risk of serious genetic birth defects would be quite high.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:36 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• So then you guys are third cousins? I would break it off.
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 9:57 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Third cousins are too close to have an intimate relationship with, but you can still be friends!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:06 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• You asked for opinions, and I would break it off. There are plenty of guys out there.
    leoni

Answer by leoni at 10:10 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• first (((HUGS))) second finding this out about someone you really like sucks third I have no real advice but I do wish to say there are a lot of fish in the sea when you are ready to try again. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:11 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Actually 3rd cousins are safe as far as biologically being able to reproduce.in case it came to that. Go for it. you can be together without procreating,and most states allow marriage between 3rd cousins.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:36 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• so you really need advice on if you should break up with a guy who is related to you..... there are plenty of fish in the sea, you dont need to settle for your cousin or whatever he is
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 10:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2010