How do gays negatively effect your life?

I went around and around with someone about this last night. Really-how does someone being gay have a negative impact on you personally? I did not hear one good reason last night. OK-it grosses you out-so what there are a lot of things that gross me out but it does not diminish my life. A sin-well, there are plenty of sins that effect me directly (crime being one!) but my gay neighbors "sin" has no impact on my life at all! SO- tell me-how does someone being gay have a true impact on your life?

soyousay

Asked by soyousay at 9:33 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• what an awesome and respectful debate ladies!!!!!

it's refreshing to see on this site :)
    ibebreezy

Answer by ibebreezy at 8:24 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• The gay people that I don't know, have no impact on my life.  The gay people that I do know, have enriched my life.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:47 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• NannyB, that is a fancy way of saying that you're a bigot.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:58 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• none at all :) some people are very close minded....what anyone does in the privacy of there own home is there buisness I could careless
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 9:37 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Doesn't impact me, my life, or my family at all - I have gay and lesbian friends, and their orientation never even comes up. I don't understand gay bashing, and why they don't get equal rights when it comes to marriage/insurance, etc. I'd have to guess it comes down to ignorance, I've never heard a "good" reason to dislike/discriminate against someone because they are gay.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:39 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• It doesn't, as a matter of fact in my case they positively affect my life, it gives me a chance to make a wrong a right in respect to their rights. Those who feel it affects them are those who want to implement their views on the rest of the world, when they should have no say on who someone else loves and has relations with.

Answer by older at 9:39 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Well, I love gay people, but I don't much like some of the outfits at the gay pride parades... That's the worst I can think of.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:40 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I don't think they do, just because they don't have what some people would call a "traditional" love life doesn't have any effect on me whatsoever.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 9:37 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• they don't have any negative impact on my life, except for this one guy who does really great floral arrangements..i love him! without him, i'd have to stop sending flowers to the sick/funerals/thank yous because no one else compares! that would be a major negative impact!! lol.
    you won't likely get any argument from anyone..you might. but come on, do you really want to argue with someone on the internet about something you both are passionately against/for?
    you won't see their side, and they certainly won't see yours. just be glad you're not one of them,and can actually love your fellow man without labels or conditions. you really are better off knowing you are the better person. :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:38 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• and, dag gone it, every gay man I've ever met can do my eyeshadow better than me... what is up with that?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:41 AM on Jul. 5, 2010