Were anyone's Fireworks cancelled due to rain?

I had a migraine. Burt wasn't going to let any rain bother us! Nothing works out here lately. Anyway we met with one DD & her DH. Sat on the riverfront in another city. Saving a spot in the rain.. We were there most of the night. Got so wet and uncomfortable.. No other family came out. It wasn't until like after 9pm we heard the fireworks were cancelled! I suppose the bands and groups trying to sell their food, drink, treats and all didn't want people to hear the cancelling them all would leave. So the big anticipation was for nothing! How were yours? Have yours ever been cancelled? If so when were they rescheduled? I know sometimes some are cancelled due to the heat? Thank you for answering!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 9:34 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Our were ALMOST cancelled. The rain let up just in time.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 9:56 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Our town held them on Saturday night, but I was sick and in a "coma" so I never even heard them.
    Last night we sat outdoors on our patio to enjoy the night air because the humidity died down, but the various neighbors in the neighborhood were having their own fireworks and the noise was giving me a real headache. Plus, the mosquito's weren't attracted to the bug light we had turned on....smart suckers (pardon the pun).
    Oh, sorry....there was no chance for rain here in VA.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:34 AM on Jul. 5, 2010