For those in their 50's and 60's..........

Do you feel as capable and sometimes even more so than people in their 20's or 30's, as far as being physically fit and full of energy? I so often forget that I am this old because I am fit and healthy, how about you?

Asked by older at 9:47 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Wow this is an awesome post I am excited I know I am only two years away from forty but I do martial arts, I am about to do my very first Iron man in 2011 and in 2012 I will graduate from college. I feel so good. I know I should not jump your post but this makes me have hope for when I am fifty . Thanks you women rock!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:52 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I am right there with you, sister!

Answer by rkoloms at 9:54 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I'm reasonably fit and healthy for my age.  Losing 35lbs and sorting out some health issues that have been dragging me down for a few years has certainly given me a new lease on life.

I hope you don't mind me answering because I still have 3 years to go before I reach 50 lol.  I have to say, I'm looking forward to it!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:55 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I do!!! I feel like I am about 30 and I think that young and..... I color my hair because it helps with the "image". LOL. WHy go gray and try to look old when you feel young,right? I like to dance, walk alot, go to Yoga classes...see concerts,etc. I was going to see U2 but they cancelled until 2011 becaise of Bono's back injury. Darn. You are as young as you feel. I see no advantage to being old....
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:23 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Oh,I have to add--I'm 68.I have six grandchildren. :-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:24 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• As gertie said, you're as young as you feel. When I tell people I"m 52 they are shocked. I act in my 20's.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:26 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• older, she doesn't have any gray hair, either!! (i promise, that's the last time i mention it, beeky! lol) i'm 'just' 41, but i can tell a big difference in my energy level from 31, and its not good. i've gained weight and don't exercise like i should. hopefully, i can become more energized before i do myself in..and can say the same as long before i hit your age!

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:06 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• LOL I keep telling everyone I'm older than I am hoping that my age will sometime catch up with me. (But not for a long while). It's nice to feel young and full of energy.
    Red54

Answer by Red54 at 11:09 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I still have 7 years to go before I turn 50, but I sure hope I am as vibrant as all of you ladies. What an inspiration!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:30 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• beeky, you are always welcome with any of your answers! Congrats on loosing those pounds, way to go!

Comment by older (original poster) at 10:00 AM on Jul. 5, 2010