are there any urban legends attached to your town/area?

eh..wasn't sure which category to put this in. (good morning, ya'll!)

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 9:59 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sally's Bridge. it is a popular tale in this area as a whole. I have heard that just about every creepy looking bridge out on a coutry road is Sally's Bridge. Anyway there are several stories about Sally's Bridge. The most well known is in Concord, NC and different from the ones I've heard growing up in my town.

The most popular one here is:

Sally was coming home late from prom late at night. She had car trouble on the bridge and got out to take a look. A stranger was watching and grabbed her, dragged her underneath the bridge where she was raped and murdered. Her body was found but not her killer. You must stop your car. Remove the keys and sit them on the dash. Get out of the car and call for Sally. You may see her, floating above the water, you may not, but when you get back into your car and put the keys in the ignition the car will not start. You will have to push the car off the bridge to start it.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 3:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• There was this Chinese restaurant that had been around forever. They had a lounge attached that said Happy Hour, All Day All Night. There was never anyone eating. The building was two stories but the windows were decorative on the second story it looked like. Anyway the rumor for years was that the upstairs was well like fifty-dollars-to-make-you-holler. LOL it just got sold and is being remodeled into a different restaurant and lo and behold after all these years there are real windows, clear, being put in where you couldn't really tell before what was up there!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:48 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• The only one I know of is the Melonheads - some crazy family that were alleged to be cannibals.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:04 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I saw Motel Hell when I was little so funny and cheesy!!!!

An old nursing home from the 40's is suppose to be haunted, we have a battle field as well in the town that's suppose to be hanuted and other places around the town.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 10:14 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• None that I'm aware of, but when I lived in Bidford-on-Avon, the local legend is that William Shakespeare got his ass kicked in a drinking contest.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:31 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• We only have one that's really worth repeating... Most of them are just stupid...

One of our local "haunted houses" has a decent story behind it. The question is was the story created just to make the house scarier and make more money? Our Historical Society kinda sucks so they have no idea - I've checked...

But here it is... Demon House - (http://www.demonhouse.com/1871to1934.html)

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Our town had a huge, run-down house on the outside edge of the city that I had to walk by on my way to elementary school as a child. Everyone knew that it was haunted. Strange sounds coming out of it. Weird lights seen behind the windows. The house was eventually torn down. When streets were built in that area, a church was erected BEHIND the spot where the house had stood. To this day, nothing has been built directly on that ground. There are houses around it. The church has made it into an empty grassy area, but they have put no buildings of any kind on it.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 5:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 10:01 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• LMAO!! that's funny!! we just caught a really bad Bmovie the other night about cannibals/jerky-makers called 'motel hell'...''vincent makes the best jerky around! he's famous for it!'' LOL!
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 10:08 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• AX Murder Hollow... something about a bunch of gypsies. lol
    Supposedly they will shoot your car if you drive through their "neighborhood" Come to think of it... there are alot of places around here... hmmmm
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 10:13 AM on Jul. 5, 2010