I can't shake this last bit of a cold!

I'm going into my THIRD week with a cold now. Started as a head cold, then a chest cold, then both for a few days. Now it's still my chest. I don't have a fever or anything anymore and I feel fine. I just can't get rid of this cough and I still sound like crap. I'm a nonsmoker. Been taking meds, green tea, honey, vicks vapor rub, the shower stuff.... No insurance so the dr. is out of the questions. Any ides on how to finally shake this thing?!?

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 10:01 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Uh, I hear ya, I have had the same thing! It's driving me crazy, it's summer I shouldn't be sick! I'm thinking it may be a sinus issue I don't know, but hope it leaves soon. Fee better!
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 10:13 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I have a home remedy, but it really doesn't taste all that good. It works. It works really well. But again does not taste good. You will need a box of tissues handy because it really breaks stuff up. This is recommended for one to three times a day. Good luck!

One cup hot water
    1/2 a lemon squeezed into water (for juice) or a tablespoon of lemon juice (from a bottle)-fresh lemon is best
    1 Tablespoon of honey
    1/8 a teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper

You might want to hold your nose as you chug it. My husband uses this when he has a cold or bronchitis. It works wonders.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 10:22 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I use an over-the-counter pill for chest congestion in order to help with the cold in the chest. It helps when you cough a lot at night, too.
    Hope you feel well soon....I had that problem just last month and it stayed with me for about 2 months before it faded away...drove me crazy!
    Seriously, though. If you get fevers or pains in your chest, start coughing up specks of blood, or anything unusual...bite the bullet and find a health clinic near you. Bronchitis needs help sometimes with prescription meds, you want to be sure you don't develop Tb, and you sure don't want anything developing into pneumonia where you will end up in the hospital for a few days.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:27 AM on Jul. 5, 2010