what am i spose to take with me to the hospitol when i go get induced on thursday?

i'm going in 2 weeks early because the doctor thinks my baby will be to big if go full turm. so i'm going @ 7am on thursday to induce my labor. but its been a while since i have gone to deliver i for got what i'm supose t pack before i go.any idas cafe moms?

ms.busybody5

Asked by ms.busybody5 at 10:09 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There are lots of things you should take. I would take your own pillow. Some oversized underwear (unless you prefer the mesh panties the hospital provides). You should also bring toiletries like deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush and toothpaste, lip balm. Make sure you bring your camera with either the charger needed for it, or extra batteries. Bring your cell phone and its charger. Clothing for you to go in. Hair ties are usually very useful. A bag packed for the baby with going home outfit, jammies, a hat, diapers, wipes, a nice blankey. Also make sure to bring the babies carseat. Thats basically the things I would bring. Good luck with everything, and CONGRATULATIONS! My sister is also getting induced on Thursday, she is currently 7 days overdue!
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 10:15 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Some comfy clothes so you aren't stuck in a gown. Remember, you will be about the size you were when you were 6 mos prego.
    a couple of books. Any things you like for overnight.

an out fit for baby. The hospital will give you diapers and wipes. Don't be shy about using the things they give you. I had two diapers left in my pack the night before check out and I tucked them in my overnight bag so the hospital would give me an extra free bag.

any props you want for delivery... music, etc. leave your jewelry home.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:16 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• The comment above mine looks about right for what you would need....baby book to start filling out if you have one, you may get bored if the babys sleeps the whole time... Soft blankets for the baby and a cute outfit to get the babys photos taken in the hospital. do not take your own diapers, the hospital provides them while your there. You will need plenty once you leave lol Hope everything goes smoothly good luck
    sierranavada

Answer by sierranavada at 10:23 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• In addition to the basics: night gown, robe, slippers, toiletries, lip balm, something to pull your hair back, etc, since you're having an induction I would also bring what you would need if you end up having a c-section just so you'll be prepared. That means enough clothes, sleep wear, socks, to get you through a 2 night, 3 day stay. Also, a pair of solid white socks because that's all you're allowed to wear during a c-section, and loose fiting pants or overalls to wear home. Inductions have a higher c-section rate than a natural labor delivery and I know I wouldn't want to depend on my husband to go back home and get the right stuff if I had a longer stay. So, pack for a c-section just in case.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:37 AM on Jul. 5, 2010