has anyone else noticed that their skin is more comfy after being in the ocean?

My eczema is feeling good, I had a couple blemishes that cleared up over night, maybe I'll start dousing myself in saltwater every day.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 10:25 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Health

• I don't live near the ocean, but I remember as kid on our way to the Gulf of Mexico I was running on pavement and tore my knee up terribly. The saltwater did wonders for the healing!

That said, chlorine in pools is clearing up my recent lapband incisions beautifully. Great motivation to swim my laps more often!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:38 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I have a friend that has a salt filtered pool, and she invited us to swim the other day, and I noticed how soft my skin was after getting out of the pool. It's much better for you than the chlorine and other chemicals in a regular pool. I hope we can get that type of filter for our next pool.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:10 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Well,they do make sea salt scrubs. Try that. Hop in the tub and soak.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:27 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• When we lived in Germany, there was this place called the Kissallis. They had over 17 different pools. Many people went to just swim but there was an actually order that you were suppose to go to the pools in and stay for "X" amount of time. If you did then it was suppose to have health benefits. We never did all 17 pools but they had a salt water pool and I LOVED it. They had it set up to where it was a room by itself. It was dark and the only lights were in the ceiling and it was designed to look like stars. They also had a head rest in the pool. I would float in there for a long while. It would always be my last pool of the day and I felt amazing afterwards. I wish I could find something similar in my area now.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:31 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I've found the same thing. And walking on the sand makes my feet smoother than any pedicure!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:54 AM on Jul. 5, 2010