Does anyone know of any legitimate work at home jobs?

I would prefer something that I could do online, but all suggestions are welcome. I just really want to bring in some extra money for my husband and I even though he's about to get hired on full-time at his job. He's been working as a temp for about nine months now and the main boss is about to start hiring, so that's great news for us. However, we want to get our own place within the next few months to year from now since we're living with his mom and step-dad at the moment.

meggera007

Asked by meggera007 at 10:31 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• I'm interested in this, too, but I know that there are a lot of scams out there, I also know that many of these jobs require good computer skills and I'm just learning how to use them, so I might be out of luck.
    browneyes27

Answer by browneyes27 at 10:36 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Do you have a skill you can capitalize on like, sewing, photography, etc I am a seamstress and had an alteration business before we moved. Also don't know if you want to consider childcare in your home.. sittercity.com and care.com can give you ideas how much to charge and if anyone in your area needs someone. Good luck
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:37 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• The best thing I have found to do online is eBay.  Start with the stuff you don't want around your house and see how it goes.  It takes time to  gain experience in listings, pictures and pricing.   There is a tab at the top labeled, Community.   You can go in there and read all the discussions and answers, if you're interested.  I also have a ton of ideas listed in my Blog.  That link can be found on my profile page.  Good luck to you.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:46 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Yeah, there are a TON of scams out there. I always read everything I can find on the site then decide if it's a scam or not. Anything that ever asks you to pay into it online is usually a scam. Unless it's something that you have to buy a kit to sell, such as things similar to Avon or whatever.

I don't know how to sew, wish I did though.. I would like to learn how to make bows or something, because a lot of stay at home moms make and sell those. Also the childcare wouldn't work out since my husband and I live with his mom, and we pay her to live here. Ultimately it's her house and so she has the say so on that issue & plus our son just turned a month old and we're still adjusting to life with him, also he's a preemie so we really don't want a bunch of kids around him right now. But that would be a good way to earn some money.
    meggera007

Comment by meggera007 (original poster) at 10:47 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Hi.. Just wanted to let you all know that I have a newsletter that goes out a few times a week and also a site that has over 190 ideas to work at home.  Check it out if you'd like. Also, email me if you have any questions.  www.stepstoworkathome.com 

imomnews

Answer by imomnews at 10:48 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 11:03 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Yes tons! you can go to homecareersuccess.com there is tons of work! Some free taraining for a few careers too. Job search(can be from home or outside the home).

Emma Weekly

Work @ Home Specialist

EmmaWeekly.com

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:52 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Yes, about a year ago I became a Rep. with Juice Plus, it's fruits and vegetables in a capsule or a gummy. This company is different then the other "work at home" things I tried in the past. The start up cost is $50.00. The product is wonderful and affordable, I researched the company and tried the product myself before deciding to become a distributor. The health and wellness industry is booming and the people in this company are so great to work with. I feel like I'm in the business of making friends and I get to help people with their health and offer a business opportunity for those who are interested as well.
    Health, wealth and happiness all in one.
    www.mywellnessgirl.com
    www.juiceplusvirtualfranchise.com
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 2:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Lots of scams unfortunately, I've lost hundreds of dollars on them.

Finally found a legitimate company. I do PrePaid Legal ....no product or inventory to handle. This company has been in business for almost 40 yrs, trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), and has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau!

www.maryjacobs.buildlastingsuccess.com

Good luck !
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 3:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Dove chocolate Discoveries is a great company to work for. It's only 3 years old so you have plenty of opportunity to build up your clients. One of my friends made $635 in her first 5 weeks!!! You get to be your own boss, pick your own hours and they give you tons of tools to help make your business successful...Best of all for the month of July it's only $79.00 for your starter kit. Now who doesn't love chocolate? Even in this economy chocolate is a 17billion dollar industry. PM me for more information!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 5:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2010