Foot injury. =(

Yesterday my mom rented on of those inflatable slides for our 4th of july cookout. My husband and I were playing on it trying to get my son interested. I slipped and knocked my husband down on top of me. He twisted my foot funny and I felt a weird "pop." It's now sore and a little swollen. It hurts to walk on. I can't stand on it for very long before having to sit. I don't have insurance so I'm trying to figure out if i need to go to the doctor or if it will heal ok on it's own.

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:45 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Health

• Unfortunately the only way to see if the pop was a break is to have an x-ray.
    That being said, they may do exactly the same care if it's a break or not....try to keep ice on it (on and off) for a couple of days, wrap it with an ace bandage and only do as much as you are comfortable as far as walking on it. When you are off it, elevate it higher than your hip. Take Motrin or Tylenol for the pain. In 2-3 days you can try soaking in warm Epsom salts/ water.

Good luck.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:48 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Sounds like a ligament. I did something similar last year sliding on a wet floor. Unless you see something out of place looking,like a bone sticking out ,its probably the strain.Ice the 1st 24 hrs,heat the following days, motrin for pain,and elevation. Baby the ankle for a few days,but don't stay completely off it. Its gonna take a few weeks.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 5, 2010