Anyone know what this might be?

I am 35 weeks along and in the middle of the night I have been getting these bad pains in my stomach, they kinda feel like diarhea pains but worse, and I don't have to go to the bathroom when I wake up... they will come and go throughout the night, they are so painful it feels like I'm about to cry, but they only last within 20 seconds then go away for like 20-30 sec, then come back, I get like 5 or 6 like that then it goes away for an hour or two and repeats itself through the night, and when I wake up they dont come back but my lower stomach feels all bruised on the inside like someone kicked me in the gut, and it's not every night either, it happened 3 times within this week... I was thinking maybe BH, but I get more then 4 an hour, but not every hour, and they are painful, and I know Im not in labour, so I have no idea what this is... Im gonna ask my doc at my next apt, but I was wondering if anyone knows what it might be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i think they might be contractions or BH most likely BH i had something like that when i was around that week to.. but i think its normal :)
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 10:57 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• It sounds like braxton hicks. Your body is gearing up to have a baby. Make sure you are prepared for an internal and tell your doc at your checkup. ( I always like to know in advance for some reason.)
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:59 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Braxton Hicks? My guess--still call your dr.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:00 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Sounds likes braxton hicks to me. Course it could actually be the beginning of labor. Sometimes labor "starts" weeks in advace to the big day! Either way, talk to your dr.
    Peregrine

Answer by Peregrine at 11:05 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• braxton hicks
    ladybug0614

Answer by ladybug0614 at 11:07 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Sounds like Braxton Hicks to me. They can feel very strong and painful. You needs to drink lots of water, and try to relax the best you can. Tylenol may help as well.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2010