Any good solutions for insomnia?

Do any of you suffer from insomnia? I get to sleep fine but wake between 2-3 AM and then I'm awake for a couple of hours. Just looking for ideas. Thanks!!

elizabr

Asked by elizabr at 11:00 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Health

• Yeah loads of them. But what I find really works well is establish a bedtime routine. I drink a cut of chamomile tea and do something boring. If t.v. is boring to you do that,or read something that is hard to read. Do calming deep breaths--while doing this use a method that relaxes your tongue. While laying down in bed in a comfortable position. Relax your shoulders, let your tongue float in your mouth, not letting it touch the top of your mouth or your teeth. Try to concentrate on this, it relaxes your mouth, jaw, head, neck and shoulders. Concentrating on the breathing. Slow and steady.
    Another thing is to make your room as condsive to sleep as possible. Darken the windows, make it quiet if you like a passive or white noise use a fan. I noticed that I sleep better at the beach where I hear the waves. I also use ear plugs--my husband snores and sometimes it wakes me up. Half way through the night I take them out.Good luck
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:08 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• clear what is on your mind
    easily said not easily done
    i have had same issue lately
    i have not been able to clear porblems enough to get good sleep
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:02 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Sleepy time tea
    If it makes you drowsy - benadryl.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:02 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Sometimes I'll read a book that's not very interesting, or I'll get up and make some herbal tea. I can't take sleep-aids, I always end up groggy the next day.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:03 AM on Jul. 5, 2010