accused of being a lesbian.

a friend of mine accused me of being a lesbian and trying to get in her pants..this is so bizzare because no one has ever said that to me before, and I know that I am 100% straight.
these are the reasons that she stated:

I hugged her goodbye one time
I send her a thank you note for a gift she gave me
I often had small little tokens to give her when we met for lunch or whatnot
I said "love ya" via text one time
I said that I was considering plastic surgery, and that i wish my boobs were the same size as her boobs so then I wouldn't need implants
I once said that I wish that I could just hand her my whole check so she could treat herself to something nice, since she is alwys broke..
------
I meant all of these things in a friendship way, but she said that I am a lesbian...ugh..do these things seem so inappropriate? all my other friends seem to enjoy the hugs and the small gifts and they return them regularly.

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 11:08 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I do all of those things with my friends; I don't think you were out of line or inappropriate. Maybe she's not such a good friend after all? Why on earth would she say that to you?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:12 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• lol thats really weird! maybe she is a secret lesbian and is testing the waters to see if you are too lol
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 11:15 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• LOL sounded friendship-wise to me.even one of my closest friend's tells me "love you and the kids" and i would never in my life consider her lesbian. woman do talk about boobs ya know...they dont sit there and make thier own man drown in torture in some small blabber about boobs. i even saw some chick comment on one of my friends's boobs on facebook.

your friend seems very highly sensitive and offensive if thats what she made of it
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:15 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• It sounds like you were just being a friend- too bad she doesn't seem to appreciate you. I agree, maybe she isn't such a good friend.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:15 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I think you sound like a great friend. She mistook your kindness for your being a lesbian, and I think that's sad of her. She doesn't sound like a very good friend to me. Then again, maybe she's never had such a good friend before and didn't know that friends did stuff like that.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:16 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• i agree with pp. Thats wierd, i think you sound like a respectful, thoughtful friend.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:17 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Your friend has some issues lol. None of what you stated above reads lesbian.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 11:19 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Sounds like your friend has a wee touch of homophobia.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:21 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I agree when someone else said she might have been testing the waters, but really she misunderstood your kind ways, but I do hope this did not insult you.

Answer by older at 11:22 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Is it possible someone said that to her? She also may be a bit homophobic and insecure? It could be anything...I was once asked if I were a lesbian because I'm a bit of a tomboy. I'm not, but it surprised me, especially since I am married with 3 kids.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 5, 2010