Ugh, I am so lazy today... what do you do to get yourself motivated?

I have laundry to fold, the floor to be moped and swept, and dishes to do.. My baby shower is this weekend and I have no room to put all the gifts I bought so that is a big mess, but I cannot get off my lazy butt.. how do you motivate yourself on a lazy day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Honestly, coffee or exercise...lol. Very different things one is obviously better for you than the other but hey coffee's more of a quick fix.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 11:21 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Turn the radio on your favorite station and get up and start doing something
    ladybug0614

Answer by ladybug0614 at 11:21 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Well, today is a National Holiday... (I know the 4th is, but today is celebrated throughout many work places)!

smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 11:21 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I can't stand anything being messy or out of place so that motivates me. Hubby says I'm a "control freak". Whatever =)
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:23 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I give myself small tasks with time limits.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:24 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I don't...If I don't feel like doing something I usually take a chill day. Or..if I really want something done then I put on some funky music to help get it over quicker.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:33 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I take a shower, then turn on some music that gets me pepped up... Works every time!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 11:33 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I turn on the television and put on hgtv - that show motivates you to want your home to look nice. Sometimes they give you simple little helpful ideas to make your home look nice. I always think the sooner everything is done then you will feel better, and may be able to enjoy some relax time.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 11:45 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I take it one step at a time, and try to do the things that I can do while I do OTHER things first. Like put in the load of laundry while I pick up the living room. Doing one step instead of looking at EVERYTHING I have to do works out better because then I don't get overwhelmed at the amount of things on my 'to do' list.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 5:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I grab a quick caffein fix -- coffee or tea, it doesn't matter which; then I sit down in my kitchen with a notebook, list all of my chores, then I go back and number them in the order than I'm going to do them. I often start with the one that makes the biggest impact on the list as a whole ... and I mark chores off as I do them. I don't know why, but seeing my list of chores on paper dwindling as I go motivates me. I also get some good background music going ... whatever your choice in music, just make sure the beat will keep you moving as you work. And before you ask, no I'm not a school teacher ... although we do have several in my family; Golly, did I miss my calling or what?
    SouthernLady7

Answer by SouthernLady7 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2010