How do I get my son to understand his seat is not turning around?

I recently turned my son back to rear facing and every time we ride in the car he says "turn around "turn around." I just keep telling him "we ride rear facing because its safer." But he keeps asking.

jamesmommy512

Asked by jamesmommy512 at 11:58 AM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'd go with trying to distract him and wait it out. He'll get the idea. A new toy to play with in the car might help distract him.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Thankfully my son doesn't know there is another option.... My son would probably be happy with me tell him that his seat was stuck and it couldn't turn around LOL I think I would just say, "nope, this is how you ride in the car" and then give something for distraction. I think after awhile he'll stop asking.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Perhaps you could play audio books or favorite music in the car as a treat. Continue to explain about safety and how you care about doing what's best.
    barefootbooks

Answer by barefootbooks at 2:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2010