Do you think its ok for schools to pass out condoms?

How do you feel about someone donating a condom to your child?

(Hope this is a good section to put the question in or should I put it in hobbies? lol)

3gigglemonsters

Asked by 3gigglemonsters at 12:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't believe that they should be passing them out, it is like telling the kid that it is okay to do it at any age. Would you want your 6 year old to get one? It is up to us to teach our children about sex, not a teacher, no one else but us. I taught my boys to respect the girl and if I had had any girls I would have taught them to respect themselves and to wait and find the right man that you want to spend the rest of your life with before you go and give something so precious away. So I say NO to condoms in school.
    sheilagg

Answer by sheilagg at 12:27 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• no :(
    it might not be a bad idea to have them available for kids to pick up if they want or need them...but handing them out to everyone, no way.
    i am really on the fence about having them available.
    i think abstinence should really be taught.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I am fine with it. Why? Because they are having sex, going to have sex, want to have sex, are being pressured into having sex, too embarassed to talk about it (but yes, still do it), don't have the money to buy them and don't want to ask mom or dad to buy them....which is who should be doing it in the first place. But it's better than spreading STDs and teen pregnancy.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 12:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• No, I don't think it's a good idea.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Well I'd hope there was a lot of educating on the subject before the passing out of condoms happened, otherwise it's just lazy.

I'd be fine with it. If they're going to have sex then it might as well be safe sex.
    I'll be having my own sex talk with my kids. I'm not going to wait and depend on the school system to educate them because I remember my sex ed class and it only covered the bare minimum and was useless.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 12:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I do not have a problem with it, just because they have a condom does not mean they are going to have sex, but if they are in the future, at least they will be prepared.

Answer by older at 12:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Some parents freak out and shut down when the subject of sex comes up. Those kids need someone they can go to to learn about safe sex and get the things to make it safe. I'm all for schools passing out condoms. Not so much hanging out in the hall between class and handing them out, but having them available for kids to get. Like, have something in the bathroom they can get the discretely or something. Kids will have sex, why make them have to choose between having safe sex or non safe sex? Abstinence is unrealistic.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:18 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Because public schools do this is why my kids won't go to public schools. I do not agree with premarital sex and teach my kids that it is very wrong to have sex before marriage and will not condone it. So no, I do not agree with it.
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 12:18 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Yes, safe sex is better than teen pregnancies. I hope they wouldn't have sex until they were mature enough or married or in a loving relationship but that doesn't always happen.
    Hunnysmommy

Answer by Hunnysmommy at 12:22 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Telling kids " Well, since you can't help yourself, here is a condom." Is lazy. Our society expects them to contol their outbursts of anger...why don't we expect them to control their sexual urges? They aren't ready for the emotional consequences of sex; and no condom can protect against that.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 12:24 PM on Jul. 5, 2010