what can I make out of a twin sheet?

I found a thomas and friends twin sheet and would love to make my son something. He's 26 months old. The material is kinda rough so it wouldnt make a good comfy shirt, and since it's already so big I dont know if or how I'd make it into a blanket. Some ideas??? I was thinking about pants...I could use the sheet for the sides, but thats the only idea I could think of. Even if I did make some pants, what on earth would I do with the rest lol So I'd love some more creative ideas!!

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 12:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You can try to make a pillow case if he uses a pillow.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:27 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• curtains? or a backpack?
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 12:27 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Curtains, or a wall hanging thing with pockets for toys, a laundry bag, throw pillows, a dust ruffle for his crib/bed...etc...
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 12:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Just fold it in half, stuff and sew it and it can be a really big pillow for him to relax on and watch movies.
    melibear5715

Answer by melibear5715 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• melibear...I was picturing that while outside a few minutes ago! he'd probably love that. Now to figure out how to stuff it and where to buy the stuffing lol That stuff can be pricey sometimes
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I like the big pillow idea!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Go to a thrift store and buy a cheap comforter, fold it in half a couple of times and it will be tick enough to be used as a big cushion.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• *thick, not "tick". Lol. My fingers aren't working properly today.
    Laila-May

• you could make a large pillow. or you could cut out the characters that are the same sow them together and stuff them and he could have toys to play with. i did this for my daughter when she was five with care bear sheets and she loved it, i used a plan sheet for the back of the care bear because they were not the same on the sheet
    peppercorn08

Answer by peppercorn08 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2010