Anyone from Vermillion SD ???

I'm about to relocate to vermillion with my children and am looking for any info on the place :) I've never been there and i have no idea what kind of feel the city of vermillion has. Is it a yuppy college town, or a cute little middle american town??? any advice??

fallenruby

Asked by fallenruby at 12:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have lived in Vermillion for 6 years now, attending the university for undergrad and then grad and then waiting for my husband to finish. Vermillion is small and quiet. It can be quite a change if you are used to a big city. I had some shock when we first moved here from Sioux Falls, but found after about a year that I preferred the slower pace of life. Traffic is nonexistent, even at busy times of the day and there isn't the rush-rush of the city. If you like that though...it may be difficult to get used to it, but Sioux City, IA is only 40 minutes south or Sioux falls is an hour north, so the city things are only a short drive away if you're going bonkers! There is a walmart, Hyvee, and a non-chain Jones Food Center (which i prefer) and make sure that you try Mister Smith's located in Jones (they have the best sandwiches, soups, and salads). I can tell you more if you email me Shiverbug@gmail.com..running out of spac
    me0304

Answer by me0304 at 11:11 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Have your searched CM to see if there is a group for the area? Or even if there is any SD groups? Here is there website, hopefully you can get some answers there:

http://www.vermillion.us/

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2010